Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New Life




So as we adjusted to our new life, we did tons of home improvement projects and spent tons of time together. My very good friend Lisa gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, Beckam. It was this day that we decided to have a baby of our own. I remember getting in the car to leave the hospital, and for the first time in both of our lives we really wanted a baby. So we decided to start trying, and no more than a couple of months later I found out I was pregnant. It was the best feeling in the world, until the morning sickness (which lasted all day for me) started. It lasted for about 5 months of puking every meal up, and feeling constantly nauseous. The only thing that seemed to dull my pain was shopping. As soon as I found out we were having a little boy I bought everything I could possibly think of. His nursery was all decorated before I was 5 months pregnant. I have never planned anything better, or felt better about making plans. On June 18, Samih Arthur was born.


He decided to break my water 3 weeks early, and I was so relieved. It was just starting to get hot, and I was HUGE. After 19 hours of labor, he was born at 10:29 pm. He was 6lbs. 2 oz, and 19 inches long. He was absolutely beautiful, and I am still amazed that I made such a beautiful baby.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

He is beautiful! Your surprised to have a beautiful baby... I'm not.